Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Next step, ditch the car...

I accquired tattoo number five this past Lord's Day.  Black Lotus' Mike Boissoneault and I are getting to be fast friends -- we passed the time watching on of my favorite horror flicks, The Descent.  In retrospect, I should really select lighter fare to view during my tattoo sessions (tambien yo había visto El laberinto del fauno aunque recibí mi tatuaje de Tori Amos).  I was more prepared for the ribcage pain this time around, from an earlier introduction, but the last 20 minutes proved rather unendurable, due to the increased sensitivity of my skin to the incessant stabbing of the needle into my bones.  Coping mechanisms included lamaze breathing, the forceful pinching of the skin between my thumb and index finger, the biting of my thumb knuckle, and imagining that it could be worse -- I could be battling a bloodthirsty chimera of bat, human and wolf in a subterranean labyrinth. But now it's over, and I couldn't be happier with the results.  I am really digging the idea of my body as canvas, now a celebration of the most economical and ubiquitous mode of transportation, not to mention a thing of sublime beauty.  Two more to go before February 14th...


No comments:

Post a Comment